eMalahleni Private Hospital (ePH) is an independently operated private hospital offering high-quality healthcare services. ePH maintains the highest standards of personalised patient care and clinical excellence, while positioning itself in an accessible, affordable bracket. At ePH, we place our patients, staff and Doctors at the heart of everything we do and are sincerely dedicated to their well-being and comfort.
WARDS & UNITS
- Dedicated 24-hour casualty unit (ground floor) which is equipped to handle any medical emergency (call 013 655 3050);
- Maternity unit offering individual privacy;
- Neonatal intensive care unit;
- Exceptional paediatric ward allowing one parent to room with each young patient;
- Paediatric intensive care unit;
- Medical and surgical unit (fifth floor);
- Intensive care unit, situated close to the theatres and operated by highly skilled medical staff; and
- The eMalahleni Day Hospital.
MEDICAL AID SCHEME PATIENTS
- Hospital tariffs are charged according to a scale of benefits.
- Co-payments may be required before admission.
- Arrange with your medical aid scheme for an authorisation number regarding your admissions (without this, admission can have serious financial implications).
- Our friendly staff will assist you with all your medical aid scheme requirements.
When calling your medical aid scheme for an authorisation number, obtain the following information as well:
- What costs will be covered;
- What length of stay is covered; and
- Which maximum benefits/exclusions will apply.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- Every ward is equipped with a television set and free earphones can be collected at reception;
- An independent coffee shop is situated on the third floor;
- Reception and the accounts department are situated on the third floor.
- Catering: ePH is proud of its in-house catering department, where meals are freshly prepared every day. ePH caters for all special diets.
- Before your admission, discuss the total estimate cost of your stay with our Case Management Team (call 013 655 3000 for a quotation).
- You will be expected to pay the full amount before admission. ePH accepts most credit and debit cards.
- Once admitted, you will be given feedback on your account during your stay. You will be required to settle the difference upon being discharged.
- Your doctor will advise you when you may be discharged.
- It is likely that you will be prescribed medication to take home and you should follow the directions meticulously.
- It is important that you arrange for someone to pick you up.
- Please complete our customer service questionnaire, which will assist us in further improving our service to our patients.
A FRIENDLY REMINDER
If you are scheduled to undergo surgery, even if it is minor, please refrain from eating or drinking as from midnight the night before.
Do not bring any of the following items with you if you are being admitted to ePH:
- Jewellery and other valuable items;
- Large amounts of money;
- Cellular phone
- Contact lenses; and
If you are forewarned that you will need to be admitted to ePH, visit reception on the 3rd floor beforehand, bringing the following documents:
- Main member's ID book;
- Patients ID book;
- Medical aid scheme card;
- Doctor's letter of referral; and
- Medical aid scheme authorisation number (we can assist with this if necessary)
The admission clerk will:
- Help you complete all the relevant documents;
- Assist you in obtaining authorisation from your medical aid scheme;
- Collect the co-payments (if necessary) or private patient upfront payment; and
- Explain the admission process.
Latest from the Blog
eMalahleni Private Hospital serves the community and surrounding areas of Witbank in Mpumalanga. We excited to announce our new reception that is conveniently situated on the ground floor between Casualty and X-ray units.... Read More